Romantic river cruises sail smoothly past local sights & scenery or even castles and fortresses, so close that you feel you could reach out and touch them! Names like Castles along the Rhine or Paris & Impressions of the Seine evoke enriching experiences and authentic local food, culture and customs.
Why each river cruise vacation is unforgettable & unique…
- The small but luxurious Cruise Ships make for a delightful warm ambiance; Passengers make friends quickly and join one another at meals, lectures and entertainment.
- Complimentary butler services and high quality amenities are included, so you feel like royalty.
- They have exclusive access to secluded ports, docking right in the Heart of Historic Cities & towns, which means that you’re just steps from markets, museums and landmarks.
- Cruise along Historic Paths: You cruise along legendary rivers in Europe, such as the romantic Danube, the Moselle with wineries and gorgeous fields, the Rhine with medieval castles lining the shores and the dramatic Douro River. In Asia, the Mekong teems with colorful floating villages and mementos of its French Colonial past.
- These cruises usually include drinks with meals, Wi-Fi, Shore excursions & Privileged Access to museums, private collections and events.
- Transfers from & to the airport or selected hotels are complimentary.
- Fresh Regional Dining: Guests enjoy dishes prepared to order with ingredients purchased from destinations along the route. They are treated to a selection of drinks as well as Special teas & coffee, and tempting snacks all the time. Staff members give advice on dining in the ports of call to encourage guests to try the local dishes or arrange group dinners at special restaurants.
- Embarkation and debarkation are quick & easy –no waiting in a long line with thousands of passengers — you simply check in like a hotel, and go to your stateroom.
- You can choose shore excursions depending on your taste & the pace at which you like to walk. Private guided tours that help you explore art, architecture, and history as well as many Unesco World Heritage Sites are included. Uniworld offers exclusive excursions such as a private, after-hours visit to St. Mark’s Basilica in Venice, a ride through Germany’s Black Forest in a horse-drawn wagon, or a reception hosted by Princess Anita von Hohenberg at her 13th-century castle.
- You have the opportunity to unwind with a pre-cruise land stay which is often part of the package.
- Uniworld river cruises’ award-winning ships boast an impressive ratio of one staff member for every three guests. Each vessel is unique with original and antique artwork alongside exquisite details which are reflected throughout the fleet. Uniworld’s newest Super Ship—S.S. Joie de Vivre is chic and sophisticated featuring handcrafted furniture and fine antiques, original artwork, and signature accents inspired by 20th-century Parisian design. Club L’Esprit, their onboard spa and wellness centre is open all day for you to relax and indulge. Each evening this venue transforms into Claude’s supper club, a vibrant and glamorous place to dine, listen to local music, enjoy delectable hors d’oeuvres and signature cocktails, or view a classic French film on select nights. LE BISTROT is the ship's very own Parisian-style sidewalk café with windows that open up for an open-air ambiance, serving classic French cuisine.