Cruise narrow fjords along the scenic Norwegian fjords, sail from the maritime nations of Denmark & Sweden to majestic Iceland and imperial Russia. You can also discover the British Isles, Scotland’s legendary Highlands, Edinburg & Western isles as well as Ireland, on a British isles cruise. Call 24x7Cruise to select your North Europe or Russia cruise, as well as fascinating excursions.
Popular things to do in this region
- Bergen, Norway: Explore the quaint fishing village and the UNESCO site of Bryggen wharf with its fish market where you can taste local specialities such as whale meat, and delve into maritime history in the Hanseatic museum.
- Geiranger, Norway: Walk, cycle or take a bus up to the peak, to enjoy panoramic views of the fjord and scenery from Eagle’s Bend viewpoint, then tour Geiranger church.
- Oslo, Norway: You can admire works of art of Edvard Munch, Norway’s most famous artist in the museum that bears his name. Walk along the paths of the green expansive Vigeland Park, which is lined with 212 dramatic sculptures of Gustav Vigeland, that depict the human condition.
- Stockholm, Sweden: Stroll the narrow, twisting streets of Stockholm’s old town ‘Gamla Stan’ and visit the Swedish warship ‘Vasa’ which is now a well-known historical museum. You can enjoy sweeping views of Stockholm’s skyline, with spires & bell-towers from the 140 foot high rooftop of the Old Parliament building.
- Copenhagen, Denmark: Visit the City Hall square, Tivoli gardens, the Christianborg Palace, home of the Danish parliament and Kronborg castle -a UNESCO World Heritage site & the setting of Shakespeare’s Hamlet. Take a pleasant stroll along the vivid coloured houses of ‘New Harbor’ where the beloved author Hans Christian Andersen once walked. Or set off on a Kayaking adventure through Copenhagen’s picturesque canals & harbor.
- Berlin: The historical Berlin Wall, Checkpoint Charlie & Potsdamer Platz and the Holocaust Memorial, Charlottenburg palace are famous sites that you can visit on a full day tour.
- Reykjavik, Iceland: Bathe in the Blue Lagoon’s mineral-rich warm water, a geothermal spa which is reputed for its healing properties.
- St Petersburg, Russia: In this world center of ballet, don’t miss ‘A night of Russian ballet’ , featuring Swan lake or Giselle, performed by the famed Russian dancers. You can explore Peterhof, the town of palaces, fountains & parks built by the ancient emperor Peter the great. A city tour could include St. Isaac’s square, the Church of Our Saviour on Spilled Blood and the Aurora Museum ship.
- Edinburgh, Scotland: must-see sights are the National Museum of Scotland, the old medieval town and the famous Edinburgh Castle that overlooks the city. You could even book a tour to a local castle, farm or distillery.
- Dublin, Ireland: A tour showcasing Dublin’s renowned Trinity College, St. Patrick’s & Christ Church cathedrals and Dublin castle is a great opportunity to learn about Ireland’s history.