On a Western Mediterranean cruise you can admire Spanish and Italian art & architecture, as well as the stunning French Riviera. In the Eastern Mediterranean, the sun-kissed ports & Greek isles will charm you with their picturesque towns & villages, olive groves and historical treasures. Immerse yourself in rich culture & fascinating history with out-of- this-world tours and excursions during your Mediterranean cruise vacation. Get top Mediterranean Cruise Deals and tours from 24x7Cruise.com
Favourite places to visit in the Mediterranean
- Explore Rome with a fast paced tour, starting with an inside tour of the Colosseum, followed by the Trevi fountain, the Pantheon and ending with the Vatican museum & Sistine chapel.
- Enjoy the lively café culture of Barcelona along the Ramblas boulevard, after seeing the capital’s awe-inspiring architecture including Gaudi’s ‘La Sagrada Familia’ cathedral & park Guell.
- Basilica di San Marco, Venice, Italy - Originally built as a repository for the body of its namesake saint, this 11th-century church is the striking signature of Venice and the lavish fusion of two architectural styles: Byzantine and Romanesque. The glittering floor-to- ceiling mosaics and adorned altarpiece are convincing testaments to the former city-state’s wealth and power.
- Oia, Santorini, Greece - The picturesque town of Oia, with a cascading slope of whitewashed dwellings built into the volcanic rock, seduces with breathtaking views, charming shops, caldera-facing eateries, domed churches, and narrow walkways, good for a leisurely stroll.
- Olympia, Katakolon, Greece - Treat yourself by visiting the fabled birthplace of the Olympic Games — which date back to 8th- century B.C. — and the illustrious public buildings where the ancient sporting events (chariot racing, wrestling, and discus throwing) were held.
- Ephesus, Kusadasi, Turkey - Visit one of the most well preserved Greco- Roman metropolis of the 10th century, a major tourist attraction. The city’s role in the spread of Christianity and its beautiful cluster of temples and public buildings score it a top spot on every history lover's bucket list.
- Topkapi Palace, Istanbul, Turkey - The palace showcases 15th-century architectural charm with majestic pavilions, courtyards, and corridors. It paints a vivid picture of court life and its intricacies, schemes, and mysteries. Marvel at the glittering jewels in the treasury and get lost in the labyrinth-like harem, once the residence of the sultan’s concubines and eunuchs.
- Villages of Corfu, Corfu, Greece - The most breathtaking scenery of the Mediterranean region can be found in Corfu’s outer areas. An invigorating 4x4 excursion will wind through coastal roads, past cypress-dotted mountains, olive groves, and frozen-in- time villages.
Best Time to visit
The best time to take a Mediterranean cruise, however, is in the spring (May-June) or fall (September-October). Temperatures are comfortably warm, the sun is bright, and the crowds are far, far fewer than in July and August.