An African cruise will take you to locations which are fascinating, unspoilt & full of adventure. It’s a continent well worth exploring- whether you prefer to spot wildlife on the plains of Kenya & Tanzania, dive to see the colorful underwater coral and marine life in the Seychelles and Mauritius, explore the ancient wonders of Egypt, or the scenic parks, wineries, game reserves and bustling cities in the South.
24x7Cruise.com helps you find and choose the perfect cruise vacation from Africa.
THINGS TO DO ON AN AFRICAN CRUISE VACATION
- Discover Durban, a coastal city that is well known for its African, Indian and colonial influences. Stroll or take a rickshaw down the seafront promenade from uShaka Marine World theme park with an aquarium, to the futuristic Moses Mabhida Stadium.
- Check out Durban's art museum inside the City Hall which was the first in the country to begin collecting African art. Then explore the markets on the streets around or take in a play at the Tudor-style Playhouse Theatre
- Stroll through the lively port city of Maputo & visit their railway station, which was designed in the beginning of the 20th century by Gustave Eiffel, and is decorated with clocks, azulejos tilework, carved wooden doors, huge bells and 2 antique steam railway engines displayed on tracks. The FEIMA Curio Market, where you will find antiques & rare artisan products, and busy public markets like Mercado Central with exotic fruits and vegetables are interesting too.
- Go to the bustling fish market in Caminho da Costa do Sol to be amazed by the array of fresh seafood & try unique spicy peri-peri shrimp, in a location just behind the market.
- Take an off-road excursion in Mozambique, an African city with a strong Portuguese influence to see charming colonial towns with palaces, fortresses and churches as well as tropical white sand beaches. You can do interesting excursions to discover the island’s marine life which includes dolphins, humpback whales, dugongs and sea turtles.
- Aswan on the east bank of the Nile is a popular place to start a cruise up the Nile. Here you will experience rich history & authentic African culture in the Nubian villages.
- Explore Egypt’s wonders on a river cruise from Cairo- the ruins of the Temple of Karnak, the entrancing Temple of Luxor, the Valley of the Kings & much more.
BEST TIME TO TAKE AN AFRICAN CRUISE
MSC & COSTA Cruises sail around Africa from November to April. River cruises sail from September to May.